Senior Brand Activation Manager (Consumer Healthcare)
Senior Brand Activation Manager is part of the Leadership team in GSK Consumer Healthcare. This role will be responsible to handle our Respiratory category and report directly to our Country General Manager.
As a Senior Brand Activation Manager, you will be responsible to :
1. Manages the assigned brand(s) and ensures achievement of Annual sales, market share and profitability targets.
2. Develops the Annual Business Plan for each assigned brand; prepares the strategies and ensures proper execution of same; exercises sound decision-making in dealing with day to day business issues; reviews closely Financial Plans and tracks performance versus budgets, ensuring achievement of plans despite variances/ challenging operating environment;
3. Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency by which plans are implemented by utilizing a host of internal and external data, including market share reports, competitive data monitoring, sales performance as well as Brand Inventory and Offtake Tracking Data for each brand/business unit assigned
4. Identifies new product opportunities to grow the business and liaises with Category, Region, and counterparts in other countries in managing the new product development processes for bringing these new ideas to market;
5. Guides the extended brand team in the new product development process, following established GSK Policies and GSK Values;
6. Directs the activities of the advertising/media/design agencies to ensure that their efforts support the business’ strategies, especially in the areas of creative development, media and strategic planning
7. Drives the Annual Market Research program for the brand(s) assigned; works closely with the General Manager and the Regional Market Research Manager, if any, in the execution of the annual MR plans and coordinates closely with the research agencies to ensure the timely implementation of the plans. Prepares all relevant documents required in the MR process.
8. Monitors the Advertising and Promotional Spend for the assigned Brand(s) and recommends to the Commercial Director the timely reallocation of resources for maximum business impact. Initiates system improvements within and in relation to the marketing functions that will translate to more efficient brand performance tracking.
9. Works closely with the Sales Team and Trade Marketing Team in the development of channel strategies in support of the various Effort Priorities of the brand (s) assigned
Responsibilities and Measures:
Category & brands:
Coached the local team to expertly apply The GSK Marketing Way 3 C’s approach, 5 Why’s Tool & 5R’s check-list, and refine Task Map(s)
Lead the process to sharpen local execution of the Brand Heart, in line with the global brand positioning
Lead performance tracking on multiple complex programs making recommendations to improve the growth potential
Lead the process to localize the global Category Vision, Category Growth Drivers, Brand Growth, Priorities and Tasks.
Use data to inform, build and measure the brand story and personalize Content
Meet all targets for: Market share, Net sales, Net profit and Brand equity
Optimize the P&L to positively impact market performance
Significantly enhance digital campaigns by monitoring key metrics and identifying opportunities to ‘test and learn’
Help develop the shopper and expert strategy in the Market Activation Plan
Close Coordination with Sales/ Customer Management for the Development of Account Strategies for Major Customers as it relates to their brand
Challenge the local team to make decisions based on evidence and consumer/shopper/expert insight
Work with the Category team to translate and optimize the science story for the brand
Contribute to localization of a claim and bring it to life
Apply research findings to localize winning concepts and bring them to life in the local market
Supply chain & cost control:
Work with Supply Chain partners to optimize gross margins, COG’s and forecast accuracy
Talent & culture:
Develop self and team by deepening the understanding and use of Winning Marketing Skills
(a) Specialized knowledge or skills required
Well developed skills in Advertising, Market Research , Strategic Planning and New Product Development
Sound working knowledge of the FMCG and OTC trading environment
Proficient Written and Spoken Communication skills
Well developed Financial acumen
Strategic thinking and analytical skills
Planning and Project Management Skills
(b) Key Behaviours Required
GSK values of respect, integrity, transparency and consumer focus
GSK expectations – leadership expectations
High Sense of Accountability
High Sense of Urgency
Strong Entrepreneurial Spirit
Highly Creative, Energetic, Dynamic, Hardworking, Resilient
Very Good interpersonal skills
Bachelor degree in science Pharmacy / Marketing / Business. Masters Degree in Business Management or related field.
At least 7 – 10 years experience in brand management, sales, trade market, market research, preferably related to OTC or FMCG industry
Fluent in English communication
Computer skills in Microsoft Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world’s leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The ‘Change the World’ list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK Consumer Healthcare has a bold ambition to be the world’s best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare company. Inspired by a winning culture and a science-led innovation approach, we have developed brands that are built around the needs of the millions of people who go online or walk into pharmacies, supermarkets and market stalls all over the world, every day and choose us first. We have a heritage that goes back more than 160 years, producing some of the world’s best-loved healthcare brands including: Sensodyne, Panadol, Voltaren, Theraflu, Parodontax, Otrivin, Physiogel, Horlicks and Eno.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.